Crime Prevention Ottawa, in partnership with the City of Ottawa, offers funding for outdoor mural projects that support graffiti prevention, community safety and the beautification of Ottawa neighbourhoods. The Paint it Up! Program empowers youth through community arts.
Since its inception in 2010, Paint it Up! has involved more than 2,079 youth aged 12 to 25. There have been close to 73 mural projects across the city supported by an average grant of $5,000.
Applications for 2019 are now closed
Please check back here in February to apply for Paint It Up! 2020.
Each project must involve:
- A pre-approved mural location
- A non-profit organization with expertise in youth
- An artist or arts organization with expertise in murals
- A representative of the proposed location of the mural
It should also:
- Contribute to a clean, safe and beautiful city
- Be completed under the guidance of an adult mentor
- Seek to increase the skills or employability of youth
- Involve the community, youth and property owner in the mural design
- Engage youth in all aspects of the project
Get inspired by taking a look at our:
Related Paint it Up! Resources
Learn more about the Paint it Up! program, access our guidelines and application form, and find out how to engage youth in your community.