Find out more about what we do to prevent crime and make Ottawa a great place to live.
Addressing the gangs problem in Ottawa
The Ottawa Gang Strategy Steering Committee is working to address the issue of gangs in our city.
The Committee has launched its Gang Exit Service. It also released a two year Progress Report on projects designed to enhance prevention, intervention, neighbourhood cohesion, and enforcement and suppression.
About the Ottawa Gang Strategy
The Ottawa Gang Strategy involves eight specific initiatives, each designed to:
- build stronger children, families and communities
- take inclusive and preventative approaches
- identify interventions for those at-risk, on the edge of joining a gang, or looking to leave gang life
- conduct targeted, sustained and effective enforcement
Taking action on gangs means working with partners across the city to find and implement solutions together. Find out more about these intiatives in the Ottawa Gang Strategy: A Roadmap for Action 2013-16. Or, you can view and listen to our Ottawa Gang Strategy presentation.
For more information
- Gangs and Trauma: View the presentations from our 2015 conference
- One Year Update: Read the one year progress report on the Ottawa Gang Strategy or watch the video
- Prevention through Early Identification: See the Ottawa Police presentation
- Ottawa Gang Situation: View the presentation by Ottawa Police Staff Sgt. Mark Patterson